Tuesday 25 October 2011

Tired and Moody

The other day I had a patient who presented to me with vague symptoms of mental tiredness, lack of energy, mood swings and increasing weight gain. She was of course perimenopausal. So the obvious cause and treatment would be with some form of HRT. So I started her on oestrogen and progesterone. The symptoms didnt get better and she came back pleading with me to help her do something. She was already on Prozac for depression. Of course it would have been easy to have dismissed her symptoms as something cerebral. However, I gave it a shot and gave her some chelated magnesium, acetyl carnitine. Low and behold, the effect was instantaneous, she was feeling better the next day and she is ever greatful to me for helping her. Who would have guessed that it was just a deficiency in minerals!

No comments:

Post a Comment