Tuesday 22 January 2013

Adenomyosis/ Endometriosis ( Heavy + Painful periods )

Adenomyosis is a very common condition and is very easily missed in a gynaecological examination. It is a condition in which the endometrium which lines the cavity of the womb somehow penetrates the muscle protruding into the myometrium. It can be focal ie isolated pockets in the womb or diffuse and extensive causing the whole womb to enlarge.
The most common symptoms are heavy and painful periods. This condition commonly coexists with other disorders such as fibroids, endometriosis and polyps. No one knows the cause, but it is thought to be due to an imbalance in the hormones. The pain during periods is due to the ectopic endometrial cells bleeding into the muscle of the womb and the heavy periods due to the whole surface area of the womb being enlarged.
It is typically diagnosed on ultrasound scan of the pelvis and on MRI.
I recently performed a removal of the adenomyosis on a 39 year old lady. She was single. This was unusual as adenomyosis most often affects those who have had pregnancies or previous surgery to the womb. She came with the problem of severe period pains and backache, pain radiating down to her thigh and leg. At the time of surgery, the back of the womb was filled with a large adenomyoma and the womb was stuck to her rectum and intestines at the back. She in addition had endometriotic cyst of her ovary and a polyp in the cavity of her womb. The surgery was performed through a conventional open method rather than through key-hole surgery as it would be impossible to remove the adenomyoma entirely otherwise and thereby risking a higher chance of recurrence.
Surgery would be the primary form of treatment in severe cases and very often if the patient has completed her family a hysterectomy would be recommended. In less severe cases, other forms of treatment can be tried such as Lucrin injections to induce a chemical menopause, inserting a mirena device.



7 comments:

  1. This information will help those suffering from Adenomyosis and Endometriosis, I was also a victim. I am excited to share this testimony, I was 3 years ago diagnosed of Adenomyosis and complicated Endometriosis. My medical condition was heart broken because it was causing my menstrual cramps,bloating before menstrual periods, lower abdominal pressure which result to heavy periods. I was subjected to different medications by my doctor for treatment such as Coenzyme Q10,ibuprofen, Danazol and many more. Despite my visit to several doctors my health wasn't getting better, all they could say was surgery. At the verge of giving up, I went to the internet to search for a treatment at least. But I found a cure instead. In the internet, I read a testimony of a lady who had Adenomyosis and Fibroid. She shared an e-mail address of the Doctor. Luckily everything seemed to be okay after I took the Herbal Medicine. I wish I could say that’s the end of it because I haven't had any symptoms since then.
    Do not expose yourself to more danger, use a herbal remedy that is safe and effective. If interested contact him: ronniemd70@gmail.com to find out more information and treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to share my success story with natural remedy: I had advanced adenomyosis was causing me to have the most excruciating pains every month and very heavy bleeding and of course a chronic anemia. The first GYN I saw said the only option was to remove my uterus. At only 24 my left ovary and Fallopian tube was removed due to endometriosis. After 4 years I had adenomyosis and right fallopian tube blocked. Always wanted to conceive but never been pregnant because adenomyosis was grown that I never had dimensions. My period came and was very heavy with clots - lasted 5 days and stop for 2 - came back again medium heavy for another week. I started taking Tranexamic acid for 5 days, Nature's way DIM-plus, four (4) capsules once a day. I also took the Pure Life Essence for Women, also 4 capsules once a day. I mix apple cider vinegar and water and take it twice a day and didn't work, it minimizes flow but comes back again, my Doctor gave me progesterone 200 mg and I kept bleeding...it's took me 3 weeks of bleeding; I looked very pale and felt weak - missed a couple of days at work. The Doctors I see all recommends hysterectomy. You know what stopped the bleeding?? Reading online came across an article about Doctor Ronnie's herbal medication for adenomyosis... I took it twice a day, and bleeding stopped. This is what works for me. I hope it helps someone else. I am 6 months pregnant now expecting my baby soon. You can get more information from him at ronniemd70@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!.Visit For:
    Uterus Removal Surgery in Bangalore | Fibroid Uterus Removal in Bangalore | IVF Treatment Centre in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am Hellen, thanks to Dr oniha who cured me of fallopian tube blockage and fibroid with his herbal tuber cleanser. My marriage was on the verge of collapsing, because I was unable to bear a child for my husband. Until I came across Dr ONIHA's recommendation onLine,of how he has helped numerous of childless couples to have children with the help of his wonderful herbal medication, and I contacted him. And he administered his herbs on me.within the space of two months, i became pregnant, I now have a child I can call my own. In case you want to contact him for a similar problem, or all other infertilty issues, you can reach him through his email:
      DRONIHASPELL@YAHOO.COM or call him on +2347089275769

      Delete
  4. Am Hellen, thanks to Dr oniha who cured me of fallopian tube blockage and fibroid with his herbal tuber cleanser. My marriage was on the verge of collapsing, because I was unable to bear a child for my husband. Until I came across Dr ONIHA's recommendation onLine,of how he has helped numerous of childless couples to have children with the help of his wonderful herbal medication, and I contacted him. And he administered his herbs on me.within the space of two months, i became pregnant, I now have a child I can call my own. In case you want to contact him for a similar problem, or all other infertilty issues, you can reach him through his email:
    DRONIHASPELL@YAHOO.COM or call him on +2347089275769

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great info about heavy and painful periods due to Adenomyosis/Endometriosis. Helpful tips for managing the discomfort. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete