Wednesday 6 March 2013

Endometrial Cancer

Endometrial Cancer is a cancer of the inner lining of the womb. It is the next most common cancer after the ovary but has a much better prognosis and survival rate. Endometrial cancers tend to be less aggressive and are almost always related to high and prolonged exposure to oestrogen. Which is why they are more common and typically affect women who are "fat, fair, and fifty". Late menopause, obesity predispose to endometrial cancer. The good news is that they are often detected early and when treated by surgery in the early stage have a 95% chance of 5 year survival or cure.
My patient presented at age 52 with bleeding in between her periods. Her GP had given her hormones to try and regulate her menstrual flow and stop the bleeding without success. When I saw her, an ultrasound scan of her uterus was unremarkable except that the lining of her womb was unusually thick. This raised my suspicions, and I immediately arranged to do a hysteroscopy (viewing the cavity of the womb with a telescope) and performing a biopsy. The hysterscope enabled me to view and locate a very small suspicious area on the lining. Now in the olden days, the standard procedure would be to perform a dilatation and curettage or scrapping of the womb. This small nidus would almost certainly have been missed with such a blind procedure and produced a false negative result. A biopsy of the suspicious area confirmed a stage I(a) endometrial cancer. Over the next week, I performed a total hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy for my patient, taking out her womb, tubes and ovaries. No further treatment was necessary and I could confidantly tell her that she had a very good prognosis and was indeed a very lucky woman. The message to remember is to have any form of bleeding per vaginum or change in periods investigated thoroughly and not delay having your annual check-ups. A vigilant gynaecologist will pick up anything that could progress to something more sinister and not delay a cure. Avoid taking soy products (not fermented soy) as they are high in plant oestrogens, maintain a healthy weight through excercise.

2 comments:

  1. I am 29 years old and have been diagnosed with breast cancer, ease of treatment and a similar story, except for my first acceptance as a rejection of herbal medicine. I was not part of the Perseid movement and did not really build relationships with any of them, I just believed in their operation. I say this because it was during the use of Dr. Itua herbal medicine that I now attest that herbal medicine is real, the phytotherapy Dr. Itua heal my breast cancer which I suffered for 2 years. Dr. Itua herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. If you have the same breast cancer or any type of human illness, including HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancratics cancers, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Autism,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis ,Tach Diseases,Lupus,Endomertil Cancer,
    Dementia.kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer.testicular Cancer,Lupus, , LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN / MAN, LOT OF LOVE, LOTTERY. ITS CONTACT EMAIL / WHATSAPP: Or drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day everyone, two months ago I was diagnosed with (urethral cancer), which had caused me a great deal of pain and pressure on my bladder. My doctor insisted that there was no other choice but to go under the knife. So everyday I was online searching for herbal medication. I never want to undergo any surgery. so. I have so many testimonies on how they were healed by dr. Imoloa herbal medication. without wasting time i contacted him (dr. Imoloa). on how to get the herbal remedies. I received the herbal package in less than a month, and I followed the steps and procedure on how I should be taking it. and one months later I was scheduled for an ultrasound check: it was shocking. The cancer had completely gone, I had consulted my doctor and canceled the surgery and with your dedicated counseling guidance I managed to completely treat the urethral cancer, along with the pain and anxiety that this condition had inflicted on me. a big thanks to God almighty, thank you Dr. Imoloa for the powerful herbal medication you have to cure people. you reach him on Email- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com

    WhatsApp number- +2347081986098.

    ReplyDelete